Sunday, January 19, 2014

Vanilla Blueberry Macaroons

I have not made these in awhile and I have to say I have missed them. I was making them every week and packing them for my lunch at work. They sure are a treat. I found these wonderful treats on Urban Poser Blog. They were Vanilla Strawberry Coconut Macaroons and they are quite yummy. I have made those cookies just as the recipe was written. I have played with the recipe and made a few changes of my own for this batch. I have made the strawberry macaroons just like the recipe and they were awesome. I did not have strawberries so I tried blueberries and they are yummy too.

There are only seven ingredients for these: 

Vanilla Blueberry Macaroons:
3/4 cup cashew meal
1 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup coconut oil (liquid)
2 teaspoons vanilla
Pinch sea salt
1/4 to 1/2 cup freeze dried blueberries (the fruit has to be freeze dried there is no substitution)

Pre heat the oven to 190 degrees F. These will be dehydrated so the heat is pretty low.

Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.

chop up the blueberries. I left some of them whole.

Combine all the ingredients and mix well.

Use a rounded measuring table spoon and scoop up enough dough to fill the spoon. Press it into the spoon, and be sure that the bottom is level.

Place the cookies on the parchment and place in the oven for about 50 minutes. They should not be brown when they are done. They should just be hardened a bit on the outside and still moist on the inside.

Cool about 10 minutes and store in an airtight container.

You can use any freeze dried fruit you like. I have used strawberries and they are really good. Another suggestion is raspberries which I have not yet tried.


No comments:

Post a Comment