Monday, May 20, 2019

Easter Sunrise Service at the Grand Canyon


 One of my favorite places is the Grand Canyon. I have been there many times and it just always takes my breath away with its vast beauty. I have hiked down, across and just stood on the rim but it is always a place that I feel has amazing beauty. When we left Mojave and went back to New Mexico we stopped there for a few nights and did a hike along the rim the day before Easter. It was overcast and cool.  We took the bus to Hermits Rest and hiked back towards Grand Canyon Village,


 This is one of the few places you can see the mighty Colorado River from the rim.





 We got up very early on Easter Sunday and joined a few hundred others at Mather Point for a Easter Sunday Worship service.










 Part of the beauty is how the colors change as the light shines during the day. The difference in the photo above and below is just minutes apart.


No comments:

Post a Comment